The shareholders of Schibsted exercise ultimate authority through the General Meeting. The General Meeting deliberates and decides important issues concerning Schibsted, reflecting the opinions of shareholders.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) takes place every year within six months of the close of the financial year. Extraordinary general meetings are convened if necessary according to the Articles of Association, the Public Limited Liability Companies Act or if claimed by at least 5% of the shareholders.
At the AGM the following decisions are made:
- Election of the shareholders’ representatives to the Board of Directors
- Election of the Nomination Committee
- Election of the external auditor and the auditor’s remuneration
- Approval of the Board of Directors’ report, the financial statements and any dividend proposed by the Board
- Other matters according to the Public Limited Liability Companies Act (Allmennaksjeloven) §5-6
Annual General Meeting 2013
On Friday 5 April, Notice of Schibsted ASA's Ordinary General Meeting 2013 was published. The Annual General Meeting will be held at the company's premises in Apotekergaten 10, Oslo, on Tuesday 30 April 2013, at 10.30 am CET.