- This is the first time the Norwegian banking community is gathered together on one website. Consumers can obtain offers from up to three banks at the same time and from the same place, says Endre Kolbjørnsen, Managing Director of Penger.no, as the new company is called.
70% of the Norwegian banking sector gathered in one place
According to Kolbjørnsen, the website has attracted around 70% of the commercial banking sector in Norway, and includes key market players such as DnB NOR, Nordea, Fokus Bank and the SpareBank 1 Group.
- People often contact several banks when looking for a mortgage loan. Up to now, they have had to complete and submit loan applications to each bank individually, and this is time-consuming. We wanted to find a service that could simplify this process, says Kolbjørnsen.
Interest rates overview, loan calculator and glossary
Consumers will also find tools listing the current interest rates offered by the different banks, a mortgage loan calculator, and a glossary. These tools, which are independent of the commercial agreements with the banks, have been developed in cooperation with Dine Penger. The website’s founder is Christian Haneborg, a former Schibsted trainee and director for concept and product development in FINN’s corporate accounts division.
- Working in FINN’s Corporate Accounts Division gave me a sound insight into the banking sector and well as into the needs of mortgage customers. This is something I've been working on ever since I got the idea two years ago, and it has finally become a reality, which is great. I’m looking forward to continuing work on developing the service, says Haneborg, who is director for Penger.no's daily operations.
Niksa Cosic, who is product manager, and co-founder of Penger.no, is also a former Schibsted trainee. Penger.no is starting up with 10 employees.
The new venture is a joint undertaking by Dine Penger and FINN, who are the owners, and the company will operate as an independent entity.
- This is a milestone for us, because we have never before formed our own, Norwegian brand as an add-on to our own service. FINN covers many areas, and we believe that this arrangement will make it easier to communicate what Penger.no is, says Christian Printzell Halvorsen, CEO of FINN and Board Chair in Penger.no.
- Besides growing inside FINN’s existing markets, we will also be launching completely new products in the future. Penger.no is one example of this strategy, says Halvorsen.