Annual Report 2011
In the Annual Report, you will find “Letter from the CEO”, “Board of Directors Report” and “Financial Statement”, amongst others.
Here are some main points from 2011:
• Schibsted Media Group has delivered good results for 2011.
• An increased rate of investment in 2011 linked to the rolling-out of the online classified business in new markets has adversely affected the profit.
• The online classified services did well in many countries in 2011 and Schibsted is focusing on creating further growth. Future growth will come through the development of revenue streams for established operations and by rolling out established concepts in new markets.
• Developments in the advertising markets in Scandinavia were positive in the first half of 2011, followed by a somewhat weaker development in the second half of the year. Revenues from online advertising were good throughout the year. The trend for paper was somewhat weaker.
• The transition to digital media means a considerable decline in the circulation of the Group’s single-copy sales newspapers and efforts are continuously being made to develop products and new revenue streams together with at high focus on costs.
• 2011 was characterised by the increased use and popularity of smart phones and e-readers. The online newspapers have seen a large growth in the traffic of the mobile services and several of the Group’s newspapers have been launched for Ipad. The development of user-payment models for digitally distributed editorial products is an important priority for the Group.
The annual report is presented only in a web based version on our website Schibsted.com.
Schibsted ASA’s General Meeting is scheduled to take place at Schibsted Media Group’s headquarter in Oslo on May 11th. On the same day the financial results for the first quarter 2012 will also be published.