OSLO, NORWAY – November, 15, 2016 –
“AI has not just scored, but has already won the game.”
“Will driverless cars fuel a property crash?”
“Publishers have to redefine journalism.”
What does tomorrow have in store? Dig into the Schibsted Future Report 2017 to find out more about all these and much more. Click here to read the report.
Exploring the trends we see in technology, business and people’s everyday lives, the Schibsted Future Report aims to illuminate what happens next. This year’s report features the ideas, research, and case studies from more than 25 of Schibsted’s own.
“Collaboration is a theme throughout our third annual Future Report,” says Lena K Samuelsson, EVP of Communications and CSR. “From workplace culture to the very core of our business and how we join forces to unleash the powers of technology and innovation to support journalism and people’s individual choice. Collaboration is also what we want to achieve with Future Report. We want to share our ideas and stories with the world around us, and spark exciting conversations.”
Did you know that 70 percent of Swedes have used their phone for paying for a product or service? In Spain the corresponding number is 44 percent, while in Italy 46 percent. But in France only 30 percent have used their phones to pay. Our report also includes a unique survey on digital habits in Europe.
In the report this year you’ll also read about:
- How technology can empower people and strengthen journalism, by Schibsted Chief Technology Officer Rian Liebenberg
- Schibsted’s effort to unify all of its data in a “Big Brain”, by Cécile Barbaroux, Schibsted’s Head of Insights
- Putting users in charge of their privacy and the implications for business, by Ingvild Naess, Schibsted’s Chief Privacy Officer
- How Schibsted invests in startups, by Miriam Grut Norrby, Schibsted investment manager
- Artificial intelligence creating real business opportunities, by Azeem Azhar, VP of Venture and Foresight at Schibsted
- The next-generation news experience, by VP of Product Management Espen Sundve
- Driverless cars reshaping our cities, by Dan Ouchterlony, Head of Personal Finance, Schibsted Growth.
The report consists of three sections: People, Technology and Business. These sections address what the future looks like to each. From native advertising to Blockchain. 3D printing to the death of Big Food. Virtual reality to the hard reality of where children sleep. Check out the Schibsted Future Report today, and join the conversation across social media with #futurereport.
For more information:
Head of Public Relations
Schibsted Media Group
Phone: +47 902 38 811
About Schibsted Media Group
Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6,900 employees in 30 countries. From Norway to Malaysia, from Brazil to Sweden – millions of people around the world interact with Schibsted’s popular digital services every day. In Scandinavia, our media houses such as VG, Aftenposten, Bergens Tidende, Aftonbladet and Svenska Dagbladet keep people informed and updated on important issues in society. Our digital marketplaces such as Finn.no, Blocket.se and Leboncoin.fr help people buy and sell new and old things. In addition, our growth companies such as Shpock, Let’s Deal and Compricer provide our users with popular, digital consumer services that make their everyday life a bit easier. Together, this fulfills Schibsted Media Group’s mission of ‘Empowering people in their daily life’. Learn more at www.schibsted.com.