At the Board meeting on February 14th, the Board of Directors of Schibsted ASA approved the consolidated preliminary Annual Statement for 2007. Enclosed please find Preliminary Annual Statement 2007.
Informasjon på Internett:
Schibsteds hjemmeside: http://www.schibsted.com/ir/
Highlights (Figures in brackets show the figures for the corresponding period in 2006.)
- The Group achieved a Q4 2007 operating profit (EBITA) of NOK 247 million (312 million), producing an operating margin of 6.8% (8.9%).
- Q4 06 was impacted by sales gain of approx. NOK 1.5 billion for TV 2 and TV4 stakes.
- The revenues from the Group’s online activities increased by 31% in Q4, after adjusting for the acquisition/sale of operations. These activities accounted for 39% (22%) of the Group’s operating profit.
- Strong growth in profits (EBITA) for FINN, VG Nett and Blocket/Bytbil
- Good growth in revenue from Schibsted Classified Media’s online activities. The revenues from printed publications are declining.
- Limited decline in VG’s circulation. The increased single-copy sales price on Sundays produced stable circulation revenues.
- The negative contribution from Schibsted Søk (search) was reduced as a result of reorganisation.
- 20 Minutes print for the first time contributed positively to the Group’s operating profit (EBITA) in full year 2007.
- TV7 in Sweden was sold. Punkt SE considerably debited the results but readership figures are continuing to improve.
- The Q4 profit at EBITA level was debited by one-off costs of approximately NOK 70 million.
- Weak end of 2007 for recruitment ads in Aftenposten.
- The macroeconomic outlook in Spain has worsened. Schibsted will primarily notice this in the classified ads sector, especially in relation to the print editions.
Consolidated results (main figures)
1.1 – 31.12
1.1 – 31.12
Operating profit (EBITDA) 1)
Operating profit (EBITA)
Other revenues and expenses
Profit before taxes
1) Operating profit before depreciation, impairment of goodwill and other revenues and expenses
Oslo, 15 February 2008
The full Interim Report for 4th Quarter 2007 including tables and the Presentation of 4th Quarter 2007 can be downloaded from the following links: