If you are interested in joining the Schibsted family through our trainee program, both former and current trainees agree: The application process is tough and demanding, but definitely worth it. Read on for information about how to apply and what you can expect through the interview rounds.
Your first step towards becoming a part of the trainee program is to send in your application. The application has to be in English and should include transcripts of grades from high school level and onwards. You need to be a citizen of a country within the Schengen area to be eligible. Because the program includes possible placements in all of Schibsted locations, you should be prepared to relocate for a period of time during your traineeship
– The Schibsted Trainee Program is a unique opportunity to not only learn new skills and meet new people – but some of our trainees also get to live in different countries for part of their traineeship, says Kristina Gribaleva, Talent Program Lead.
Ability and personality tests and assessment center
If your application makes the cut and you get through the first selection round, you will receive an invitation to the further process and a link to ability tests. Based on their score on this test, selected candidates are invited to a video challenge. Should you make it past this step, you will be invited to complete a personality test and to participate in a one full day assessment center in Oslo.
– The goal of the application process is simply to find the candidates with the most potential to grow through our trainee program – and who will challenge us by seeing things from a new perspective. We are not looking for fully developed workers but instead try to find those candidates with the magical mixture of both talent and passion, says Kristina Gribaleva.
“After the last interview, I thought to myself: “Even if I don’t get the job, I have been given every opportunity to show who I am”. I actually learned quite a lot about myself in the process.”
– Karsten Gutterød Hauklien, former trainee.
Intrigued and interested? Read more about the Schibsted Trainee Program here
The final round
Based on the results from the assessment center, finalists are chosen to participate in the final interview. This last stage takes place in Oslo and will help management narrow the candidates down to the final candidates that are offered a place in the Schibsted Trainee Program. But even if you’re not one of the lucky few you will still get a thorough candidate report so you can learn from the process. Kristina Gribaleva feels it is only fair to give candidates a pointer to what areas they could benefit from working on.
– There are only a few spots available in the program and the selection process is tough, but we know applicants appreciate the opportunity to learn from the experience even if they don’t make the cut.
Application guide – step by step
- The Schibsted Trainee Program is open for registration of applications from mid-September. The application must be in English and include transcripts of grades from high school level and onwards.
- Selected candidates will receive an invitation to the further process and a link to the ability test.
- Based on the score on this test, selected candidates are invited to a video challenge.
- Successful candidates are exposed to the personality test and are invited to the full day assessment center in Oslo.
- In the last step, the candidates are invited to the final interview with one representative from executive management and the Head of Schibsted Trainee Program in Oslo.
- The new trainees are welcomed to the Schibsted family and prepared for the trainee program.
- Our ambition is that we will complete the recruitment process before the end of February.
- The program starts in August