We are so proud of having four brilliant student ambassadors with us for all of 2021. This year has been anything but normal, we all know that by now, even so Hanne, Vilma, Nikolija and Amalia really made sure that Schibsted stays connected with students at their universities! Are you curious to know what they have been up to?
As student ambassadors they are an important part of the employer branding team and represent Schibsted as an employer at their own university. This year we have had student ambassadors at KTH, NTNU and University of Oslo.
The most important task is for them to share information and opportunities with co-students, but they are more than welcome to come up with their own initiatives and ideas. Here are some of the many projects they have been working on this year:
- Hosting a digital CV course with more than 50 participants
- Teaching children coding as project members at Schibsted Kids Coding Camp
- Welcoming new students at their universities with Schibsted merch
- Organising company presentations and student career fairs
- Instagram takeovers – showcasing a broad range of different departments and employees
- Writing articles to local student newspapers (one of them being an interview with our CEO Kristin Skogen Lund)
- Creating a lot of cool content for movies and social networks
“The best part of working as a student ambassador is that you get a unique opportunity to explore Schibsted and all the people working there. Your only limitations, with regards to projects and initiatives, is your own curiosity! – Hanne, University of Oslo.
“I learned a lot during my year as student ambassador, by challenging myself and organising both small and big events. I also pushed myself to find creative solutions when the pandemic impacted many of our plans. Other than that, I got to know so many talented people across various departments at Schibsted!” – Nikolija, NTNU
Thank you so much Hanne, Vilma, Nikolija and Amalia for great contributions and creative ideas. You are true Schibsted superstars!