As an initiative to promote the Norwegian startup environment, Schibsted and StartupLab are now offering ten promising startups a unique opportunity. Last month over a hundred invitations were sent out to StartupLab’s members and portfolio companies. Of these, ten companies that have been selected include:
- Dagens – an extensive marketplace for direct trade of local & seasonal food.
- Lifekeys– a mental health tech company that provides data-driven and accessible psychological solutions to businesses and individuals.
- Cake it easy – a digital platform for local bakeries across the country that can deliver fresh cakes to your home or workplace.
- Joymo– a live streaming platform for all grassroot sports
- Fundingpartner – a financing service that provides small and medium-sized businesses with loans by connecting them with investors keen to invest in loans
- Nyby – the secure collaboration platform for municipalities and organizations who want to solve important welfare services together with employees and citizens.
- Playfinity – the developer of playOS ™, a gamification platform for activity, inspiring young people to be active together in sport and leisure.
- ordr – the fastest growing mobile ordering and payment platform powering restaurants and bars with improved customer satisfaction, revenue and marketing.
- Globus AI – simplify and automate staffing process using artificial intelligence.
The startups will receive broad exposure to all of Schibsteds media channels including VG, E24, Aftenposten, Bergens Tidende and Stavanger Aftenblad, in addition to FINN.no.
Schibsted and Startuplab
Startuplab is an accelerator and early-stage investor that houses some of Norway’s most exciting startups developing forefront technology. Schibsted has more than 15 years of experience investing in startups through Schibsted Growth. Earlier this year, they partnered with the goal of creating even better growth conditions for ambitious startup companies. The campaign that is now being rolled out is a continuation of the collaboration.
“The advertising market in Norway is experiencing a downturn, greatly threatened by larger international cooperations. Paradoxically, all our news media have had record high traffic in light of the corona pandemic, and we have never reached out to more Norwegians. We now want this traffic to benefit our partners through broad visibility in our channels,” says Hanne Hollstedt, Head of Marketing at Schibsted Growth.
“Entrepreneurs are crucial for the future of Norwegian business and innovation. Some of the most important jobs of the future are now being created by technology-driven companies that are located here at the lab,” says Lauga Oskarsdottir, Head of the Lab at StartupLab.
Branding – Key to growth
“The biggest challenge for many companies is to reach people and future customers – and in that way build strong brands. It is useless to have the perfect product if customers don’t know about it. We look forward to giving these ten startups an extra boost with positive and well-deserved attention in the market, which in turn we hope will help contribute to further growth,” says Hollstedt.
“For a number of years, Schibsted has risked investing in digital entrepreneurial companies. Helping promote and market exactly this type of companies is fully in line with our core business,” Hollstedt says.
Who is Schibsted Growth?
Schibsted Growth is a venture unit that invests in digital startups, helping smart founders and winning teams establish their products, scale their businesses internationally and maximize growth to become market leaders. The unit is always on the lookout for disruptive, scalable and innovative business models that create unique value. Over the years Schibsted Growth has made investments in companies like Blocket, Prisjakt, Hjemmelegene, FundingPartner, Bookis, PodMe, Lendo and many more. They have also successfully scaled concepts internationally.
Meet the 10 selected startups for this campaign on Schibsted’s Instagram, or stay tuned to our media channels this summer!