The Global Media Awards competition rewards excellence in innovative initiatives to grow audience, revenue, and brand.
The 2016 awards generated 699 entries from 264 news brands in 40 countries. The competition was judged in February and March by an international jury of 41 executives from 19 countries representing the worlds of media and marketing. Overall, 40 first place awards in 20 categories across two audience groups were presented.
The evening was highlighted by Svenska Dagbladet taking home the competition’s top prize, Best In Show, for “The Pyramid”– a sophisticated road map designed to thrive in the news media ecosystem.
“The initiative delivered in-depth insights on customer segmentation and the implementation of a smart paywall. Its new design with customized areas conveyed excellent brand positioning and outcomes,” according to judges.
Schibsted Media Group also won prizes in the following categories:
Best Brand Awareness Campaign
- Aftonbladet/Svenska Dagbladet/Schibsted, Stockholm, Sweden, “Yellow Boats”
Best Use of Video
- VG, Oslo, Norway, “VG’s 70th Anniversary”
Best Use of Social Media
- VG, Oslo, Norway, “Bieber Coverage on Snapchat”
Best New Paid Content or Subscription Initiative
- Svenska Dagbladet, Stockholm, Sweden, “The Pyramid”
Best Use of Data Analytics
- Aftenposten, Oslo, Norway, “Churn Prediction Model”
Best Idea or Innovation to Create New Profit Centers
- Aftenposten, Oslo, Norway, “Loyalty Program – From an Anti-Churn Tool to a Profit Generator”