As we celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Schibsted Future Report, it’s only natural to reflect upon the myriad of transformative events and innovations that have changed the digital landscape, and the way we view the world. In this year’s report, we look into how AI will shape the future of journalism and content creation and how this will affect the way we consume and produce news. We tell the story about how our marketplaces have sustainability at their very core and what happens when brands go dark and – will climate change reset capitalism?
“Amid the dizzying pace of technological and societal change, a singular truth remains: the undeniable need for high-quality and trusted actors in society. This axiom holds particularly true in the world of news media, journalism, online marketplaces and digital services – the very core of Schibsted’s operations,” says Kristin Skogen Lund, CEO at Schibsted.
“Trust doesn’t sustain itself, and that’s where Schibsted can truly make an impact. We are committed to working for societies based on trust and transparency and we embrace the opportunities of technological change – always. This serves as a good reminder that while our world keeps evolving, we remain true to our purpose. We embrace the new, the novel, and the next big thing, but we do so with a commitment to quality and trust,” she continues.
For ten years, the Schibsted Future Report has looked into the future to foresee trends within tech, people and business. And we promise that this year’s report will ensure new exciting perspectives and insight for years to come. We also look back in time to see what happened with the trends we have spotted during the years.
The Schibsted Future Report presents Key Trends 2024
Today, we launch the freshly brewed report at the startup community Mesh in Oslo, where we will host an assortment of Schibsted people to share their knowledge on working within innovation.
These are some key reads that you will find in this year’s report:
- A decade of change – by Kristin Skogen Lund, CEO Schibsted
- Machines like us – a brief history of artificial intelligence – By Sam Sundberg, freelance writer, Svenska Dagbladet
- AI for good or for bad? – Joacim Lund, Technology commentator, Aftenposten
- Unleashing the potential of AI in news – Ian Vännman, Strategy Advisor, Schibsted
- Trust and credibility will fuel news media – by Gard Steiro, Publisher, VG
- Will climate change reset capitalism? – Andreas Cervenka, Columnist, Aftonbladet
- Putting the purpose centre stage – Christian Printzell Halvorsen, EVP Nordic Marketplaces, eCommerce & Distribution, Schibsted Nordic Marketplaces
- Why you should keep your light on when other brands go dark – By Christine Gelfgren, Marketing strategist, Schibsted
- Help! My smartwatch became a PT from hell – Tobias Brandel, Science Editor, Svenska Dagbladet
For more information:
- Read, download or listen to the full Schibsted Future Report here
- Stay tuned in our digital channels for more Schibsted Future Report events in 2024.
Ann Axelsson, Editor-in-Chief Future Report, Schibsted, firstname.lastname@example.org / +46 70 635 65 13
Nathalie Kåvin, Head of Corporate Brand, Schibsted, email@example.com / +47 934 01 363