The conduct of our business partners may negatively impact our reputation and expose us legally.
We expect our values and ethical standards to be respected and upheld by our business partners.
|The term business partners include individuals and entities such as our suppliers, contractors, joint venture partners, agents, distributors, franchisees, customers, consultants, professional advisors and other relevant partners.|
What is Schibsted’s responsibility?
We aim to build long-lasting relationships with our business partners based on mutual trust.
We only work with business partners that demonstrate satisfactory standards of responsible business and respect our ethical values.
We comply with local and international standards and legislation, and we are committed to promoting human rights protection throughout our value chain.
Our suppliers must conduct their business in line with internationally recognised and endorsed standards in key legal areas, such as human rights, labour rights, environmental law, sanctions and restrictive measures, export control, anti-corruption, and other compliance areas.
What is expected of me?
- Exercise caution when selecting business partners and evaluate compliance and sustainability risk in the decision-making process.
- Exercise particular caution if a business partner, their management or owners are in a high-risk region, such as offshore jurisdictions, jurisdictions rated as high risk for corruption, and/or countries subject to sanctions regimes.
- Conduct third-party due diligence in accordance with internal procedures when deemed necessary and comply with applicable trade controls, including sanctions regimes and requirements related to import and export.
- Expect the suppliers to comply with our Supplier Code of Conduct when working with us.
- Raise concern if made aware of a business partner that conducts business in a manner that could reflect negatively on Schibsted.
- Raise concerns if uncertain about how the principles and ground rules may affect activities in Schibsted. This topic is complex, so do not hesitate to reach out for advice.